Carmine Rocco, Director
157 Paragon Parkway, Suite 800
Clyde, NC 28721
Phone: (828) 452-6675
Fax: (828) 356-1115
Promoting Healthy Lifestyles
The Haywood County Health Department is responsible for:
- Assessing the health needs of the community;
- Identifying threats to health;
- Providing health services;
- Establishing health policies; and
- Identifying community resources to meet health needs.
The Health Department provides many services to residents of Haywood County the following are just some of those services:
- Clinical services for children and adults include immunizations, laboratory testing, maternity care, nutrition counseling, school health, and communicable disease control with an emphasis on disease prevention.
- Dental services, such as comprehensive exams, dental hygiene, and restorative dentistry are also available.
- Community health education services, including program presentations and Healthy Haywood, promote behavioral and lifestyle changes for better health.
- Environmental Health services protect the public through inspection of septic tank systems, water supplies, schools and lunchrooms, restaurants, food stands, meat markets, hospitals, lodging places, daycares, nursing homes, pools, and summer camps in accordance with state and local laws.
The services offered by the health department are to prevent disease by providing preventive health services, education, early diagnosis and a safe, healthful environment.The health department has full-time professional staff consisting of the health director, nurse practitioners, public health nurses, environmental health specialists, nutritionists, health educators, lab technicians, social workers, dentist, dental hygienist, dental assistants, health check coordinator, medical office assistants, interpreters, and management support staff. Interpreter services are available for all programs.
Public health services in Haywood County, and throughout North Carolina, are the joint effort and responsibility of the state and county governments. The Haywood County Health Director is responsible for administering local public health programs and enforcing state and local public health rules. The county health department is governed by county board of health, whose members are appointed by the Board of Commissioners.
Haywood County Health Department does not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, or national origin.
Hours of Operation
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday
Call for Appointments and Financial Eligibility